This speedy and delicious Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe will become your favorite soup recipe to go. The best for the chilly weather but irresistible for any time of the year and any time you have cravings for good comfort food.
The chicken and the broth are made in an instant-pot for this soup to save the cooking time and to add more flavor with homemade delicious broth. After chicken is fully cooked and ready to add to the soup the rest of the recipe is super easy and quick to make. Please always use oven mitts when removing the inner pot and accessories, place hot accessories on a heat resistant surface or cooking any plate.
4 Chicken Thighs (approx. 1.5 lbs.), boneless and skinless, organic
1 Onion, large, finely chopped
1 Onion, medium, whole
1 cup Carrots, shredded
5 Baby Carrots, whole
1/2 cup Celery, chopped
2 cups Egg Noodles
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
8 cups Water (5 cups for Instant pot + 3 cups for Pot)
1/2 cup Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tbsp. Seasoning Blend (all-purpose, salt-free)
*including onion, garlic, celery and parsley
1. In a 3 quart instant pot place baby carrots, large onion and 4 chicken thighs.
2. Add 5 cups of water and pressure cook on high for about 15 minutes (please follow your instant pot manufacturer’s instructions on how to operate).
3. Remove chicken from the pot and shred. Caution! It will be hot! Discard onion and carrots from the instant pot.
4. In a medium size pot add 3 tbsp. olive oil and saute onions until golden brown.
5. Add shredded carrots and celery and saute for 5-7 minutes more.
6. Add shredded chicken, seasoning, egg noodles and the broth from your instant pot with additional 3 cups of water.
7. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until noodles fully cooked.
8. Add parsley 5 minutes before noodles are fully cooked.
9. Remove from heat.