What can I say? Easy and delicious! I think this is the best Homemade Farmer’s Cheese Recipe I have ever tasted. And with only two ingredients! The best part about it is that the taste is mild, which makes this cheese so versatile that it can be used for lasagna, pies, cakes, crepes, etc… Oh, so many endless possibilities.
The recipe makes about 7 cups (56 OZ) of cheese (but results may vary). It is important to use only Organic Whole Milk and not substitute it with any other type of milk. I tried this and the result was not as expected. Love how easy it is to make, it’s so delicious and versatile for so many dishes. I make this farmer’s cheese almost every week and it holds up very well in the freezer.
1 Gallon Organic Whole Milk
24 OZ Sour Cream
1. In a large pot, add milk and bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Add sour cream.
3. Mix well for about 5-7 minutes or until the color of the milk is slightly clear (over medium heat). If the cheese begins to turn yellow – it’s overcooked.
4. Remove from heat. Drain the liquid from the cheese through a fine mesh strainer or by using cheesecloth.
5. Allow some time to cool.
6. P.S. If you would like your cheese to be in small curds, fluff it with a fork to the desired consistency.
How To Make Homemade Farmer’s Cheese Recipe
- Oven Fried Chicken Look no further for the most delicious and easy Oven…
- Oven Roasted Asparagus Tender and juicy this Oven Roasted Asparagus will be a…
- Baked Zucchini Chips These oven Baked Zucchini Chips are amazingly crispy and loaded…