The perfect party appetizer or divine tasting snack. The Mushroom Appetizer recipe is the one you were looking for so long. Savory and delicious, this finger food is very easy to prepare, cook and serve. Simple ingredients with basic step-by-step directions that will guide you to a great home cooking experience by creating mouth watering tasty bites. The little yummy buttons can be served as a side dish for your busy weekday nights. The mushrooms, spinach and bacon is a delicious combination and is not just a light everyday meal but also can be prepared as a holiday dish. Give it a try and we hope you will love this unique and delicious recipe from Food For Your Good test kitchen.
4 cups finely sliced Mushrooms
5 slices finely chopped Bacon
1 cup chopped Red Onion
5 cups Spinach
1 tbsp. Greek Yogurt
1 pinch natural Seasoning Blend
*including onion, garlic, celery and parsley
1 pinch Sea Salt, Pepper, Red Crushed Pepper, Oregano
1 pinch Granulated Garlic (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Over medium heat saute spinach in a skillet for about 4 minutes.
3. Place equal parts of the spinach on the bottom of your muffin pan lined with cupcake liners.
* Yield: 12 Appetizers. Spray the liners lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
4. In the meantime, in a separate skillet, saute the bacon for 5 minutes.
5. Drain bacon drippings, but leave about 5 tbsp. in your skillet.
6. Add onions to the skillet with bacon. Saute for 5 minutes then add mushrooms and greek yogurt with spices and saute all for 10 minutes more. Let it cool for a few minutes.
7. Add eggs and mix well.
8. Pour equal parts of the mixture into muffin tins.
9. Bake 30 minutes.